Best Foam Rollers in UK
Are you type of individual who is interested in getting in shape and losing weight? Wouldn’t you like to be able to tone those muscles? Some fitness equipment is more beneficial than others. With a good foam roller, you’ll be able to directly target specific muscle groups, so you can get a better workout and achieve most dramatic results. So, which foam roller is the best for you?
Below, you will find comprehensive reviews for the overall top 10 best foam rollers in UK, so you can find that answer for yourself.
What are the Advantages of Using Foam Rollers?
Let not the simple appearance of foam rollers fool you, foam roller exercises are extremely effective to give you that muscle definition that you are looking for. This simple piece of equipment is versatile and affordable, and you can use it in the gym or the comfort of your home.
A foam roller is also extremely effective when it comes to give sore muscles a good stretch to avoid post workout muscle soreness. A foam roller works pretty much like a stability ball and provides an uneven surface that forces you to engage your core. This leads to excellent muscle definition and lengthening as well as increased stability and agility.
There are many advantages of adding this simple piece of equipment to your workout regimen. Its effectiveness will give you the body you are looking for within no time.
- Affordability – A foam roller is made from hard foam, and it comes in different sizes. You can purchase the roller for under £10 and add it to your gym equipment. This price can allow you to invest in different sizes for different workouts.
- Effectiveness – Foam rollers are great at targeting the core and underutilized muscles. The exercises not only strengthen muscles, but they work to lengthen muscles, ligaments and tendons.Foam roller exercises are great for stretching tight muscles and are even more effective than deep tissue massages. They are effective in dealing with muscle injury.
- Versatility – This simple piece of equipment can be used in the gym or in the comfort of your home. Foam workouts only require the use of body weight, and you therefore do not need to invest in anything else.
How to Select the Right Foam Roller
Select the right density and size that fits you. The density depends on how you want to use the roller and the frequency of use. You can try working out with a foam roller in the gym just to figure which density and size works best for you.
Foams are normally color coded in terms of density. White foams are the least dense and excellent for beginners. Their flexibility makes them perfect for long workouts. Denser foams are excellent for core workouts and massages. The hardest foam rollers, usually black in color are for very advanced athletes and offer a hard massage surface for the user.
The length of foams ranges from 30cm-90cm. The long form will allow you to do many different foam roller exercises without a problem. The shorter foam comes in handy when you need to move around with it.
If you are looking for an effective, versatile and affordable fitness equipment to add to your collection, foam rollers are highly recommended. Many people are pleasantly surprised by their effectiveness. There are numerous foam roller exercises that you can do to improve your fitness.
How to Use a Foam Roller
If you are wondering how to use a foam roller, you would be in for a thrill since a fitness foam roller is not very difficult to use. Foam rollers may be used by people with or without experience in using them. However, if you are new to using such a tool, it would be greatly advised to read on and research so as not to experience any adverse effects resulting to incorrect use of foam rollers.
Here are easy steps on how to use a foam roller for the upper back.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees.
- Have a foam roller placed beneath your shoulder blades.
- Cross your arms and rest them across your body, placing each hand on one shoulder. This should look like you are giving a hug to yourself.
- Maintaining a neutral position with your head and neck, slightly raise your hips so that the foam roller also rollers. This should like a big rolling pin, rolling on your upper back.
- Do this for about 60 seconds. Roll up and down until you reach the middle of the back and until your muscles feel relaxed.