Chronic Back Pain – What You Need To Do
Tens of millions of people suffer from chronic back pain. If you are one of these unfortunate people, you don’t need me to tell you how painful and debilitating this condition can be. Perhaps this is a complication of arthritis, you’ve suffered an injury, sit too many hours at a desk, or simply have a basically sedentary lifestyle. Whatever the reason, chronic back pain can be a large pain in the back! What I can tell you is how to deal with this condition and find a degree of relief. If the cause is due to an injury or an arthritic condition, you can realize some relief. If the cause is mainly due to a sedentary lifestyle, you can virtually eliminate your back pain. Here are five natural therapies that can bring relief.
- Sign up for a yoga class. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, with specific stretching moves that loosen the spine and tone all of your body. Yoga does not put undue strain on any part of the body and is safe for just about everyone. Within one month of three times per week sessions, youll feel better than you have in years. If you have any health concerns, check with your doctor before beginning this regimen. Its more than likely that your doctor will give you a big thumbs up on this choice.
- There are a number of heating pad options that can help. There’s the plain old electric heating pad, as well as the new self heating pads at the drugstore counter. Applying heat to the location of your chronic back pain helps to relax the muscles around the spine. The electric heating pad is the least expensive option and most useful at bed time. The self heating pads are pricier, but good for day time use.
- There are several over the counter creams designed to ease arthritic pain. Most contain cayenne, which causes a heating sensation to the area to which its applied. These creams and ointments bring relief from chronic back pain by essentially faking out the nerves which transmit the pain signals from your brain.
- Meditation techniques are another effective remedy for chronic back pain. You are basically refocusing your attention using imagery or spiritual concepts to both relax and divert your mind from the pain. This can take some practice, but it does work.
- Simple stretching exercises, performed on a daily basis, can work wonders. You’ll want to consult with your doctor or a physical therapist to see which specific exercises are best for your condition. In addition to stretching exercises, chronic back pain almost always responds favorably to a daily walk. You don’t need to walk briskly, or jog. A simple walking pace is sufficient.
No matter what the cause or degree of your chronic back pain, practicing all of these natural treatments will improve your condition. Now that’s relief waiting to happen!