Podiatrists across the world are confidently recommending orthotic insoles to individuals with foot problems because they really matter. For those who don’t know, orthotic insoles are used as a means to help with foot problems such as heel pain, plantar fasciitis, diabetes, and more. Orthotic insoles put your foot in an ideal position while running, walking, and pivoting.
These soles help to alter how a person spreads his/her body weight when he/she walks and in turn develops the surrounding muscles to restore a person’s ability to walk, run, and jump. In a nutshell, wearing the right orthotics can provide great arch support, improve foot alignment, and reduce unwanted stress from one’s feet, legs, hips, and back.
What are Orthotic Insoles
Orthotics insoles are specially designed shoe insoles which function to restore the feet’s natural function. Many foot pain complaints do not have any organic cause, which means they were not caused by damage in the supporting structures in the feet or any medical condition. Rather, they are brought about by improper body movement. Complaints such as heel, knee and lower back pain can be attributed to improper foot movement and orthotics work by realigning the foot and ankle bones, back to their natural position to restore the proper foot movement. Once the proper foot movement is restored, alleviation of pain from other parts of the body which is indirectly caused by improper foot movements will follow.
By providing shock absorption, orthotics insoles distributes the body weight evenly all over the foot and takes the pressure from sore spots. This feature minimizes the effects of walking, running and even standing.
But, no two orthotic insoles are the same. The difference between a high-quality one and a low-quality one can be like night and day. So, you can’t simply pick any street-side product in the middle of a regular day and expect it to do the trick for you. For your feet and legs to thank you; you really need to invest in a good pair of orthotics insole. After all, they are like the invisible ‘safety shoes.’ Understanding what you need from these orthotic insert would be a good start in making your final purchasing decision. So, let’s show you the path to get the best orthotic insoles for your feet to derive health-profit from your investment on them.
Best Orthotic Insoles | Buying Guide
Now, if you are frequently wondering how orthotics insoles work for some individuals while they don’t do much good to others, you are not to be blamed. It doesn’t matter who you are; this quest is pretty basic. As hinted earlier, the key is to lay your hands on orthotics insoles that are thoughtfully built for your foot’s wellbeing. Keep in mind that the stakes are super-high over here because we can’t take our foot health for granted. So, let’s look at the important things that you need to watch out for when shopping for best orthotics insoles.
Know your Feet: Hard/Medium/Soft Cushioning
On a broader level, orthotics insoles come in three different levels of density and cushioning — hard, medium, and soft insoles. As you may have already guessed, the hard insoles have the least amount of cushioning. Therefore, they should be avoided by diabetic individuals. On the bright side, hard orthotics insoles provide greater biomechanical control, support, and stability. A wearer may feel uncomfortable at first, but the insoles can do a world of good with foot realignment in the long run.
Medium orthotics insoles offer a nice balance of comfort and support. They are generally preferred for everyday casual wear and sports activities. On the other hand, soft orthotics insoles are best suited for individuals with sensitive feet. They are perfect for people suffering from diabetes, metatarsalgia, or arthritis. Keep in mind that the soft insoles will offer only mild support. So, the healing process can take a little longer than usual. Since you have a general idea about your health and well-being, you can make a choice between the three orthotics insoles to narrow down your selection.
Know your Activity: Hard/Medium/Soft Volume
Orthotic insoles are available in different volumes, which imply that the insoles can take up different amount of space inside your shoes. For instance, high-volume insoles are best suited for hiking shoes, ski-shoes, or running shoes because they tend to work better with high arches. On the other hand, medium-volume insoles can work on a variety of arch profiles. Therefore, they can go well with casual and some athletic shoes as well. Finally, the low-volume insoles are best for cycling, ski-skate, or in-line skate boots. Basically, low-volume insoles are a perfect match for individuals with very low arch profiles.
Pro Tip: The overly pricey custom-made orthotics are no better than the store-bought products. So, why pay twice or thrice the price? Let comfort, support, and volume guide you with the purchase decision.
Top 5 Contenders for Best Orthotic Insoles in UK 2020
Once you have figured out the above dynamics, you can treat yourself with any of the orthotic insoles listed below. For starters, these orthotic insoles enjoy a cult following. In other words, the below-mentioned orthotics are certainly those products that will have your future business —a verdict apparent from the product’s quality and glowing customer reviews found across the web. So, let’s leave you with the best orthotic insoles out there on the market today.
1. Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts with Arch Support
To have happy feet again, the Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Inserts with Arch Support can be of great help. These lightweight insoles offer ample arch support to provide a new lease to your legs without the usual drama and trauma involved in the process of full restoration. According to the makers, the product can do significant improvements to sore Achilles, plantar fasciitis, and other foot conditions.
- The material used in the making of these orthotic inserts is second to none. It’s thoughtfully crafted with a blend of PU
material and high-end medical-grade Dual Base Layered High-performance EVA foam. You will hardly feel the presence of these inserts. Yet, they will get the job done like nobody’s business.
- Given the quality of the insoles, your feet will feel well-supported at all times. Moreover, the material won’t get hot. As a result, your feet will stay nice and dry. Obviously, the material is breathable too. Kudos to the makers of these insoles for paying attention to the details!
- The insoles make walking, running, and training in the gym so much better than usual — a valuable piece of information
confirmed by past users. Better yet, the insoles are sold at a bargain price in comparison to custom-made insoles that cost an arm and a leg.
- The soles will feel funny for the first few days. But, you will soon feel comfortable wearing them. So, be prepared for the initial discomfort. Of course, the slight discomfort would be ten times better than the existing foot problem for the vast majority of the
insole wearers out there.
2. PRO 11 WELLBEING Orthotic insoles Full length with arch supports
The PRO 11 WELLBEING Orthotic Insoles is one of the top-selling products in the market for managing foot problems. In fact, it’s not surprising to find top podiatric physicians endorsing these orthotic insoles. Therefore, we recommend these insoles without any reservations. Appearance-wise, they appear quite minimalist, but they do the intended job like nothing else out there.
- The best thing about these orthotic insoles is the smart design. Somehow the insoles put the right amount of pressure in the right places to help with full foot restoration. Also, there is a layer on the top of the insoles to prevent additional foot sweating.
- Even if the product may not cure every man’s foot problem, the insoles do a great job of making your feet feel supportive and comfortable during use. They also ease the existing pain to a great extent. For the affordable asking price, this isn’t a bad bargain at all.
- For those who are not aware, the insoles can be easily trimmed with scissors to fit any shoe size out there. So, users will never face sizing issue with this product. Moreover, the orthotic insoles are built to last. So, you can expect long lasting companionship from the PRO 11 WELLBEING Orthotic Insoles.
- The product may not always work in isolation. Depending on the severity of the foot problem, the use of these insoles should be combined with prescribed exercise and medication, especially if you are looking to correct a long-standing foot problem.
3. FootActive COMFORT Premium Insoles
If you feel that your feet don’t deserve a disrespectful piece of shit, the FootActive COMFORT Premium Insoles should be in your shopping cart. These premium insoles have helped tens and thousands of users with their foot problem over the years. Therefore, it doesn’t hurt to wholly believe the hype surrounding these insoles. It’s well-cushioned and supportive to help with fallen arches, overpronation, heel pain, Achilles tendonitis, plantar fasciitis, and several other foot problems.
- The insoles feature lightweight density advanced cushioning Durapontex material along with shock absorbing heel and forefoot padding. To top it all, the soles have a micro-fibre layer on the top for maximum user comfort. And, you can properly cut these insoles to the size you need. Plus, the product is supported by a 100% money back guarantee.
- Although there are mixed reviews about these insoles, the majority of the FootActive customers sing praises about the product’s effectiveness. In fact, the product has received a significantly large amount of positive reviews ever since the launch date. Some of the cult followers use them regularly and hate to go out without them.
- Perseverance seems to be the key with these insoles. So, don’t expect overnight results. Of course, some people may feel better from day ‘one,’ but that’s not a guarantee. That said, these insoles have proved to be a game-changer for a myriad of people out there.
4. Fitbury (2 Pairs) Orthotic Insoles Full Length with Arch Supports
If you are struggling to be active on your feet, the Fitbury Orthotic Insoles Full Length with Arch Supports can prove to be a resourceful investment for you. According to the product manufacturers, the orthotic insoles are scientifically designed for maximum comfort, support, and foot protection to help one deal with a host of foot problems such as pronation, shin splints, Achilles tendonitis, heel spurs, metatarsalgia, plantar fasciitis, fallen arches, morton’s neuroma and more. Along with a 4 pack insoles, you also get an insightful Free Heel Pain Relief eBook in the deal.
- The product does a great job of absorbing the pain and discomfort that a wearer usually feels due to a foot problem. Moreover, the insoles provide excellent support to one’s feet, heel, and back without being an intolerable feet object. Thanks to the product manufacturers for making a nice and lightweight product. It helps an awful lot by not making a footwear feel heavier. By the way, the free eBook is a helpful commodity as well.
- The Fitbury orthotic insoles are a unisex product. Therefore, the insoles can be used by both men and women. These insoles are a great alternative to getting expensive footwear designed for people with foot problems. Moreover, the Fitbury insoles are long-lasting and are becoming seemingly popular with every passing day.
- The insoles can be trimmed to a custom size to go well with any footwear that comes with removable insoles. Both the fit and wear of these insoles are excellent. In fact, they are as good as customized orthotic insoles that usually cost a bomb.
- Some users have reported that their feet sweat a tad bit after trying out these insoles. That said, the population of such users is a minority.
5. Premium Orthotic Gel High Arch Support Insoles
The Premium Orthotic Gel High Arch Support Insoles are a blessing for painful foot problems. When queried, a host of users have confirmed that the product eases the symptoms pretty quickly to a point where the pain never returns. So, these medical grade plastic insoles have done the trick for boatloads of people out there at a budget price. Therefore, a lot of people with foot problems feel gravitated towards these orthotic gel insoles.
- Unlike other inferior rivals, these insoles adapt to the wearer’s foot upon application of the body weight. The insoles have a soft part and a solid part to offer a high level of support and foot cushioning. The ergonomic support that one derives from the use of this product is literally unparalleled. Frankly put, the orthotic gel insoles provide excellent arch support.
- They don’t smell like dead rat like the majority of the insoles out there. Thanks to the high-quality breathable material used in the construction of these insoles. Without a hint of doubt, they are one of the most comfortable orthotic insoles that you can get in
the market today. Not to forget the fact that these insoles are much cheaper than other high-end brands that does the same job.
- The insoles are a bit thicker than usual. As a result, it will take a tad bit more space inside your footwear. As a common sense tip — you will be better off with shoes or boots that are a little too big or roomy to nicely accommodate these insoles.
Word of Advice
It’s imperative to adapt to wearing orthotics insoles gradually. Generally speaking, a person is advised to wear them only for 2-3 hours a day at first. Gradually, the usage can be increased over a period of one month until one feels extremely comfortable wearing them. Of course, the specifics would differ from one person to another. But, the breaking in period will usually last for 2 to 4 weeks. Also, it’s best recommended to replace your orthotic insoles every six months or so, when you start witnessing changes in their structural integrity.
The information given above is for informational purposes only. It’s not meant to substitute professional advice. Never disregard medical advice whenever needed just because you read something on the web. Our job was to simply handpick the best products from the junk.
The market for orthotic insoles has grown drastically over the last few years. Nationwide, millions of insoles are sold almost every year. Frankly speaking, it has become increasingly difficult to spot the best orthotics insoles from the sea of junk out there. The solution? Gladly enough, we hope that we have been able to cut the chase for the tens and thousands of readers out there by recommending products with the highest success rate in the market. You can simply pull the trigger on any of the recommended orthotics insoles and run with them. These products will respectively give you your money’s worth and a little bit more.