Our body’s preferred way of reminding us that we are aging is through pain. Neck and shoulder pain have almost become a norm these days. And, none of them go away easily. So, how do you combat them?
For relieving neck and shoulder pain, a lot of folks out there are trusting cervical support pillows these days. Made specifically for medical needs, such pillows are proving to be great pain relievers. So, let’s discuss them today.
Top 5 Cervical Support Pillows for Neck Pain in UK 2020
1 - Dreamzie Ergonomic Memory Foam Pillow and Orthopaedic Pillow
It doesn’t matter in what position you sleep; the Dreamzie ergonomic pillow is designed to salvage your neck and shoulder from the usual pain to help you enjoy a sound sleep without any fuss. Everything about this memory foam pillow is spot on. Right from the size to the quality, comfort-level, and everything else in between, this pillow screams high-quality. After a few uses itself, you will be able to tell that your neck and spine are much better aligned than before. Once you start using this pillow, you will never look back. Whenever an opportunity presents itself, you will reorder the same pillow without any hesitations.
What We Liked
- If you have grown tired of seeing the ‘Made in China’ label on almost every consumer product out there, you would be glad to learn that this best cervical support pillow is made in Europe with great pride and passion.
- The makers have used top-notch foam in this product. The material is extremely soft and breathable. Yet, it does a fantastic job of providing support to your neck, back, and shoulders.
- The product is suitable for front sleepers, back sleepers, and side sleepers as well. And, this thing really contours to the user’s head. No doubt; you will be pleasantly surprised at how comfortable it is.
- It’s an easy business to take care of this product because you can machine wash this thing. Unlike other inferior products out there, this pillow won’t break into million pieces after taking a bath in the washing machine.
What We Disliked
- Be prepared for the strong odour for the first few days of the product’s life. That said, the odour fades away on its own in a matter of a few days. So, it’s not going to be a long-term tussle.
- If you have never used a memory foam pillow before in your life, you will require a few days to get used to the product. So, don’t expect it to be an instant hit.
2 - Supportiback® Memory Foam Comfort Contours & Heat-Dissipating Cool Gel for Neck & Back Pain
If you want to put your regular pillows to shame, you should consider the Supportiback Comfort Therapy Orthopaedic Pillow without missing a heartbeat. For cervical support, nothing comes close to this doctor-designed pillow. It has a good blend of softness and firmness to it like no other similar product out there. Frankly put, it could easily be the most comfortable pillow you might have ever used in your life. When you lay your head on it, you will start experiencing the chilling effects of the gel almost right away. And, any pain that you are feeling will start getting better with every passing day.
What We Liked
- The best part about this Supportiback® Memory Foam pillow is that it maintains its firmness and comfort level even after months and months of daily use.
- The company behind the product has total confidence in this orthopedic pillow. That’s why they give buyers the option to return the pillow anytime within the first 100 days of purchase.
- Unlike other similar orthopedic pillows out there, the Supportiback® pillow doesn’t retain heat. So, you won’t wake up drenched in sweat every morning.
- The cooling gel is a nice addition to this product, which you don’t usually get with a memory foam pillow. The gel definitely helps a lot during the warm nights.
- This pillow can truly improve your life. Your aches and pain will be gone for good, and you will finally start enjoying a full night’s sleep like never before.
What We Disliked
- The Supportiback® Memory Foam Pillow is a tad bit smaller in size than your conventional pillow. But, that doesn’t mean that you will struggle to sleep with it.
- Given the nature of the product, this pillow isn’t priced along the lines of your regular pillows. So, you will find the cost of the pillow to be quite steep. Of course, your health is more important, right?
3 - MARNUR Contour Memory Foam Pillow Orthopedic Cervical Pillows for Neck Pain
If you are having neck and shoulder pain for months or years, you will find comfort from this memory foam orthopedic pillow. This pillow has a special shape to it to relax a user’s neck and shoulder during sleep. Although very soft, it offers fantastic support to the head and neck. Better yet, it relieves pain from the targeted areas like nobody’s business. The best part is that it adapts to the curves of our neck while maintaining its supportive shape. Basically, it’s a well-rounded product that offers unmatched support and comfort. So, you will be glad that you considered this pillow.
What We Liked
- The hardness and the softness of this pillow are somehow spot on. Plus, it’s skin-friendly, highly-breathable, and extremely comfortable, all at the same time.
- The pillow is smartly designed to support various sleeping positions without any hiccups. So, anyone can benefit from this orthopedic pillow.
- Because of its height, hardness, shape, and smoothness, a person is bound to enjoy a better sleep than usual from the use of this well-engineered pillow.
- It doesn’t have an overpowering smell to it like other memory foam pillows out there. And, this thing doesn’t lose its shape soon. So, you will get long-term use out of the pillow.
- Not only does this pillow supports one’s head and neck, but it also encourages one to sleep in a better sleeping position. So, it offers two-way benefits to the users.
- This pillow has the least number of bad reviews. Long-time neck pain sufferers have commented that this orthopedic pillow has provided a new lease of life to their neck.
What We Disliked
- The pillow has an unusual shape to it. At first glance, you might almost end up using the “F” word because of its funny shape. That said, the shape is not something that you won’t be able to bear at all.
4 - Wonwo Memory Foam Pillow
If you are considering this pillow for medical reasons, this pillow will measure up to your expectations. For those who don’t know, the Wonwo Memory Foam Pillow is one of the best solutions for persistent neck pain, shoulder pain, and bad sleep. Its unique design supports the neck and shoulder extremely well. It will definitely reduce the amount of morning pain that you might have been experiencing from the use of traditional pillows. Obviously, we all are not the same. So, the benefits may vary from person to person. That said, a vast majority of the users have benefited a great deal from the use of this cervical support pillow. Therefore, this pillow has risen to the top level in its product category.
What We Liked
- The material on this pillow is outstanding, leading to a good night’s sleep, while still benefiting the user from the supportiveness of the pillow.
- One of the good aspects of this pillow is that it can mould to whatever position you are sleeping in. So, it can suit back sleepers, side sleepers, and others too.
- Unlike other similar memory foam pillows out there, no toxic ingredients were used in the making of this medical-grade memory foam pillow.
- This pillow comes with a zippered carry bag, which makes it easy to travel with this thing. Also, the outer cover of the pillow is removable (when required) and machine washable.
What We Disliked
- The Wonwo Memory Foam Pillow does smell of new foam when you take it out of the package. That said, the smell fades away within two or three days.
- It will take a little while to get used to the shape of the pillow because this thing has a different shape and size than your regular pillows.
5 - Contour Memory Foam Pillow by Ecosafeter
If other pillows are not helping your neck and shoulder, you should try the Contour Memory Foam Pillow by Ecosafeter. This pillow has the ability to completely dissolve your neck and shoulder pain, or at least make it less nagging than before. In a best-case-scenario; your neck and shoulder will feel immeasurably better in a matter of a few days itself. Therefore, it’s worth rolling the dice on a cervical support pillow of this nature and quality. If things work out well, you will almost feel like you are sleeping on the cloud. You will finally get to enjoy the sleep time, which will lead you to wake up fully energetic like never before. Frankly speaking, one won’t realize how good it is unless one tries it out.
What We Liked
- For a product of this nature. the Contour Memory Foam Pillow by Ecosafeter has a reasonable price tag to it. In fact, the price is lower than your store-bought orthopedic pillows.
- It’s smaller, firmer, and more comfortable than your conventional pillow. Not to undermine the fact that the head and neck support that it offers is pretty much extraordinary.
- It has more expensive foam than other pillows that do the same job. As a result, this orthopedic pillow keeps its shape very well even after constant use.
- It doesn’t contain any toxic elements. Therefore, this pillow won’t prove to a breeding ground for dust mites or other bacteria that can pose health risks down the road.
- The Contour Memory Foam Pillow by Ecosafeter truly gets the job done. So, you won’t feel like you wasted your money on another useless fancy pillow.
What We Disliked
- The only thing that you may dislike about this pillow is it’s smaller than usual size, which makes it difficult to find the right pillowcase for a proper fit.
Factors to consider while choosing a best neck pillow
Choosing a neck pillow shouldn’t be difficult. Whatever your needs maybe, there surely is a pillow that will help you to relieve pain and discomfort. There are lots of chiropractic and medically approved neck pillows available today. All you need to do is choose the right one that would be suitable for your condition and needs. Here’s the top 10 factors when choosing a neck pillow:
This is an important factor to consider because I’ve seen too many people that sleep on something too big or too small. In fact I’ve had a few people tell me they don’t even use a pillow. Most often though I see too much pillow under individuals necks. This either pushes your head forward if you’re on your back or cranks your head laterally if you’re on your side.
Material or Composition:
You know how we just talked about size, well the material can add to that. If what it’s made of completely flattens during the night then we have a couple of problems. First, if your neck pillow flattens you lose all support and it’s like sleeping on nothing. Next, you’ll probably wake up during the night and find yourself fluffing the pillow up for support.
Level of support:
Inadequate neck support often leads to poor neck posture and eventual neck pain. Keep in mind, however, that some feel like they can give too much support as well.
Does it Have a Neck:
This is precisely what is often needed for neck support. It keeps that nice curve in your neck when you’re on your back and keeps your head level when you are on your side.
Hhaving a pillow that you can use in different ways is the best. When I talk about adjustability I don’t mean waking up and fluffing your pillow, I’m talking more about functionality. You want a pillow that you can sleep on your back or side and maybe one that has a couple of options, like being able to flip it over for different comfort levels. This brings me to numbers six and seven.
This should actually be number one. Out of everything, getting a good night’s sleep is most important. Your body does a lot of healing when it’s at rest. Also, no one wants to wake up feeling unrested.
I must say I have seen quite a few pillow when they are specifically for side sleepers only or back sleepers only. Here’s the thing, we all move around in our sleep. This is normal. So you are going to want to be able to roll on to your side or back with no difficulty.
How Firm is the Pillow:
I must say I see many pillows out there that are much too hard actually. They may not squish down much and don’t flatten out, but they need some give. The reason is that we come back to comfort. We need support often which is the whole purpose of the neck roll.
This is another factor. Some pillows will often break down or lose some support over time. This is normal over time, however, to have a pillow a month and have it lose all support is not what you want.
This brings me lastly to cost. If you get a bigger pillow with more material, fiber, or foam, cost will increase. That doesn’t however mean you need to spend an arm and a leg for a pillow. I mainly find this when people are purchasing memory foam. The cost can be extremely high so make sure you’ll like it. One the other hand if you like it, have good support, and get a good night’s sleep, it’s worth it.
Benefits of Neck Pillow
For one, a neck pillow designed to provide adequate support and traction can correct disorders related to cervical joints. So it is highly probable that your neck disorder will heal totally by simply using the correct pillow. Because of this, you will not experience chronic pain anymore which is good for your well being.
So here are the top 5 benefits that you can enjoy from neck support pillows:
1. Better and healthier sleep patterns.
Getting a good night’s sleep is probably on the biggest benefits that you can enjoy from cervical pillows. Everyone needs to sleep soundly and that includes you. A good night’s sleep will help in the proper regeneration of the human cell. It can also relieve stress and emotional tensions.
2. Pain-free mornings.
Waking up without feeling any pain can make your day more pleasant. So, you will have a good disposition each day and you can face daily challenges without feeling grouchy.
3. Snore-free evenings.
Snoring is primarily caused by blocked air passages. It can be aggravated if you sleep on a pillow that cannot provide adequate support. But if you have a pillow that conforms to the contour of your neck, then you can say good bye to snoring problems. Your partner will surely love you more than ever because you will sleep like a baby.
4. Enjoy proper blood circulation.
Improved circulation is also a big benefit that you can enjoy from a neck support pillow. That is because your muscles will stay relaxed if you sleep soundly. Because of this, blood will flow properly through the muscles thus providing more oxygen for your body. It will promote strength, vitality, and physical fitness.
5. Better posture.
A pillow that can provide traction and support for your neck will improve your posture. You can effectively avoid cervical degeneration if you can maintain proper body posture. You will also look younger and more attractive if you have a good posture.